We all have those hard-to-buy for friends and family. You know who I mean. The person who seems to have everything and leaves you scratching your head and racking your brain for gift ideas each holiday season.
Well, this year, GreenYour.com has sought to help. We have selected five of our favorite green gadgets to make your holiday gift-giving easy on you AND the environment.
1. Reware Juice Bag: These bags, made in the USA from recycled soda bottles, feature a 7 Watt flexible solar panel, made up of 52 solar cells, to charge your handheld devices while on the go. Surely the tech-savvy recipient on your list will light up over this breakthrough in flexible solar technology.
2. Robo Mower: Granted we’re all thinking more about snow blowers than lawn mowers this time of year, but any recipient of this clever green gift will thank you come spring. This no-push robotic mulching lawn mower cleans up the lawn on its own (you don’t even have to pick up the clippings!), and no oil or emissions means it won’t make a mess of the earth either.
3. NatureMill Automatic Composter: This handy gadget allows even the city-bound to compost! The company claims it can be used in the kitchen, has carbon filters to eliminate odor, and costs about 50 cents per month to operate, depending on local electric rates.
4. Retro Toys Battery-free Toys: For the eco-minded kid in all of us! This company provides a wide array of reproductions of favorite toys from the '50s, '60s, and '70s for kids of any age. This holiday season, get away from the power-devouring battery operated and electronic toys and return to the good old days with a Jack-in-the-Box, Silly Putty or your own favorite retro toy!
5. Surfer Chef Solar Cooking System: For the grill guru, broaden the outdoor cooking spectrum with a solar oven! This lightweight solar cooker allows only the food to get hot, like a microwave oven, cooks even in haze and low-sunlight conditions and shows when there is enough sunlight to cook.